• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
I.Missed.Jerry
Fresh Boarder

Red Rocks

#59684 2 years, 10 months ago
So what do you think they are going to hit the rocks with this year???

I am really excited for another magical adventure at red rocks!

I think they are going to play Throwing stones, don't ask me why but i really feel like they are

I.missed.Jerry
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Red Rocks

#63209 2 years, 10 months ago
I don't know but it is going to be difficult to top last year's mountain theme. I will say that after 16 Furthur shows I still have not heard Althea for crying out loud! My wish list also includes Jack-a-roe (only played once), and a bust out of the complete Lazy Lightning>Supplication. I like that they are hitting some Jerry Band songs too - I'll take any of those!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
GKB
Senior Boarder
'Seems like i been here before"

#63904 2 years, 10 months ago
ya last years run was EPIC!! all i know is it will be 50+ songs and i can't wait to hear and see them all!
"If you get confused just listen to the music play"
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by GKB.
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#64026 2 years, 10 months ago
Today is the anniversary of, in my opinion, one of Furthur's finest performances (9/25 Red Rocks last fall). This year, I suspect will be similar...the boys (and girl) bring their A-game to places like RR.

Lazy lightening/supplication would blow my mind....I won't hold my breath, but will keep my fingers crossed!

I can't wait!!
NCgroovyguy
Fresh Boarder

#64220 2 years, 10 months ago
I have to agree that 9/25 show was smokin'! Arguably one of their best performances!
Seeing the boys play Red Rocks was a bucket list item realized last year, and the amazing performances are why there will be another North Carolina contingency returning this weekend!
I can't even begin to speculate what they are gonna bust out, but I can dream - I so want them to dust off Victim or the Crime. As far as I can tell they haven't played that in any post Jerry line up. After seeing Catfish John appear a couple nights ago, we are all wondering if they might roll out a few more Jerry gems ( and that wouldn't suck)

This year we got GA all three nights.... Tix went fast online this year ( wonder why?) it's my understanding that RR has an upper and lower GA, anyone care to share any tips on ensuring a seat in lower GA?
Weather forecast looks awesome, 0% chance of rain, new to 1st qtr moon this year ( how amazing was the full moon last year ?)
Forecast for a real good time- 110%. See ya in 4 days CO !!!!!
whatdah
Junior Boarder

#64262 2 years, 10 months ago
Hello to All, long time lurker, first time poster.
You are right NCGroovyGuy, 9/25 was an amazing night, but then the entire run was a blast. Furthur has been very good to us here in Colorado!!

Rows 1-25 are GA, 26-60 reserved and 61 and up are GA. Best way to get a decent spot down low is to get in to the venue early. People will be laying out blankets, staking their claim, it'll filll up early. Otherwise if you get in late you can try to wedge yourself into a spot, that might work if you only are a couple of people, but can be tough if you have a larger group. Unless you want to be a schmoe and barge in somewhere. RR is great, the space in front of the benches is large and great for dancing, but it is large enough that people think it is OK to walk in and set up shop literally right in front of you. Last year a guy did that to me, I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him to move on. He does - three feet to the right and then stood in front of my 13 year old. Not cool.

Don't get too confident on that weather forecast just yet. Could be a whole different game by the end of the week. Hope not but you never know.
Don't shake the tree if the fruit ain't ripe
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#64452 2 years, 10 months ago
Hahaha that's funny and so true. Or when they lay all their junk out in the aisle- dude we got to be able to walk through here to get out, c'mon!! If the whole place is GA I try not to get to pushy with people who stand right in front of me but with a reserved seat - please don't stand in front of me!! Find a seat please That's the purpose of reserved! If you want down front you have to get there when the gate opens, otherwise I personally like the very top row dead center, seriously! But the best thing about Red Rocks is that you can set up camp in the tree planters on the steps - nice spot really, plus you can dance to your heart's content on the steps - I recommend walking up/down the steps during a sweet jam - it's pretty trippy!! Let's hope that front moving through on Thursday doesn't linger! Hell I don't care regardless it's going to be a grateful weekend!!!

Denver Man

whatdah wrote:
Hello to All, long time lurker, first time poster.
You are right NCGroovyGuy, 9/25 was an amazing night, but then the entire run was a blast. Furthur has been very good to us here in Colorado!!

Rows 1-25 are GA, 26-60 reserved and 61 and up are GA. Best way to get a decent spot down low is to get in to the venue early. People will be laying out blankets, staking their claim, it'll filll up early. Otherwise if you get in late you can try to wedge yourself into a spot, that might work if you only are a couple of people, but can be tough if you have a larger group. Unless you want to be a schmoe and barge in somewhere. RR is great, the space in front of the benches is large and great for dancing, but it is large enough that people think it is OK to walk in and set up shop literally right in front of you. Last year a guy did that to me, I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him to move on. He does - three feet to the right and then stood in front of my 13 year old. Not cool.

Don't get too confident on that weather forecast just yet. Could be a whole different game by the end of the week. Hope not but you never know.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
NCgroovyguy
Fresh Boarder

#64848 2 years, 10 months ago
Awesome thanks for the reply! Anticipation factor making the week crawl by! Maybe we'll catch you at the shows, we wil be the sea level dwellers huffing and puffing in the altitude! FYI - Raleigh/Durham NC is about 700 ft above sea level..
Time to create page: 0.81 seconds