• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Do it yourself trivia, part 6

#38454 3 years, 2 months ago
Name a tarot card and a song performed by the Grateful Dead that references that card. Prize: a carrot bigger than a stick, and a pocket full of miracles.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Daisy Mae.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Do it yourself trivia, part 6

#38493 3 years, 2 months ago
Wheel of Fortune, Alice D. Millionaire?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#38495 3 years, 2 months ago
it's from terrapin,lady with a fan
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#38496 3 years, 2 months ago
the devil...friend of the devil
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#38754 3 years, 2 months ago
Card # 8, Strength, is depicted as a woman with her hands on the jaws of a lion who has red roses growing in his mane, hence the lyric in Samson and Delilah "and the bees made honey in the lions head".
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#38774 3 years, 2 months ago
That's pretty much what I figured it was.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#38885 3 years, 2 months ago
In the 90's I noticed during Throwing Stones they'd throw some licks of Samson into the jam, which seemed real appropriate to me. The subtle inferences the band played with musically has kept me interested and ready for anything for years. I heard an interview where Jerry says he likes to throw a few notes of another song into a song, just for kicks, and to see if anyone notices. And who can forget the many teases of St. Stephen during spring and summer of '83 until they had mercy on us and finally broke it out. That reminds me, card 0, the Fool, holds a rose in his hand, and in card 1 the Magician is standing in a garden of red roses. Let's see how many more we can come up with.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#38907 3 years, 2 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
Card # 8, Strength, is depicted as a woman with her hands on the jaws of a lion who has red roses growing in his mane, hence the lyric in Samson and Delilah "and the bees made honey in the lions head".
while its a bit of a reach i think the devil is spot on just saying,but its your game so no carrot for me
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#38958 3 years, 2 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
Daisy Mae wrote:
while its a bit of a reach i think the devil is spot on just saying,but its your game so no carrot for me

Oh no, you get the carrot for sure, and the pocketful of miracles, too; your answer is valid, I just wanted to add the one I was thinking of. I was hoping to have lots of ideas about this thrown out there from everyone. I'm sure there must be more; maybe we can keep adding to the list as the connections occur to us.

And I'm hoping for some trivia questions and virtual prize ideas from others, as well.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#38966 3 years, 2 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
And I'm hoping for some trivia questions and virtual prize ideas from others, as well.

Thanks for the fun trivia questions! Actually, there was a DIY Trivia Pt. 3 the weekend after you did the first 2, but I think you missed it. Highway Terror won good ticket karma for Fall tour for listing the countries with the highest per capita beer consumption.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds