Thank You Jerry
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Welcome Back, Forum!!

#254575 1 year, 6 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

I just discovered that. And the smiley's aren't clicking in for me. I type in the code for a lot of things, but I don't know the codes for a lot of the smileys. What a pain!
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#254577 1 year, 6 months ago
same here
Chester
More or less in line

#254580 1 year, 6 months ago
Can't post images like I used to either.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#254586 1 year, 6 months ago
One step up, two steps back.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
GratefulRose
Gold Boarder
I'm still walkin' so I'm sure that I can dance

#254603 1 year, 6 months ago
I am so happy the board is back up!!! Happy little evening surprise! Did it just come back? Last I checked was 12:30pm today pacific time.

Thanks all who were there last night at Sunshine's little gathering at Ustream.

Hope you all are enjoying your Monday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#254643 1 year, 6 months ago
The problem was my fault. Sorry gang. I left my home computer logged on to the internet and connected via my iphone at the same time. Only 1 person allowed on the world wide web thing at a time. Lets send out a sign in sheet for the remainder of the tour - Can I take 8PM Pacific(11 EST)? I love the donor rap!!! I promise I will log off before the encore (lol)....

Kidding asside (yes misspelling on purpose) , I missed looking in and seeing the comments from the regular crowd for last nights show. The setlist looked off the hook - and I hope I get to read what everyone thought sometime.

Peace and joy 2 all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#254662 1 year, 6 months ago
Phred wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Phred wrote:
Yes, but still at a relatively glacial pace. Any idea what the problem is/was?

This was what I got back from Support, fwiw. I still have a hard time buying the "10,000's of thousands of users" line they like to throw around, but what do I know!

"The issue is the 10s of thousands of users coming to the site during the shows to check the setlists. As I have told you many times in the past, we have brought this up with mgmt and hope we can make things better at some point."

I would be very curious as to how many "active" users there really are. We should be able to figure that out...but it certainly is NOT in the tens of thousands. Maybe the tens of tens...

That's what I'm thinking, but I'm curious: does anyone really believe that there are "10's of thousands of users" on this site at any given time, even during shows?? To me, that just sounds absurd, there can't possibly be that many lurkers out there. Or am I wrong?? Again, to me it points to the dubious credibility of the site admins, and makes me wonder just how badly they might be ripping off the band. Are they telling the band they have that many users because it increases their fees?? Are they just trying to justify their inability to provide enough server capacity for even the small amount of traffic around here by overstating said traffic?? Do they have a volunteer Mod because their contract calls for a certain number of hours the Mod must be online, and they weren't willing to do that?? I can't help but wonder about all these issues when I get a response that appears to be as ridiculous as the one above.

But again, maybe I'm wrong, maybe there are that many users. What does anyone else think?
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#254664 1 year, 6 months ago
other sites might be like the Queen Mary, and sometimes this seems like the Titanic, but for now we must savor the experience
of being in a row boat on a stormy sea, safe in our thoughts that we're protected from the sharks that lurk below our feet. www.furthur.net/components/com_kunena/te...oticons/cheerful.png
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#254666 1 year, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Phred wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Phred wrote:
Yes, but still at a relatively glacial pace. Any idea what the problem is/was?

This was what I got back from Support, fwiw. I still have a hard time buying the "10,000's of thousands of users" line they like to throw around, but what do I know!

"The issue is the 10s of thousands of users coming to the site during the shows to check the setlists. As I have told you many times in the past, we have brought this up with mgmt and hope we can make things better at some point."

I would be very curious as to how many "active" users there really are. We should be able to figure that out...but it certainly is NOT in the tens of thousands. Maybe the tens of tens...

That's what I'm thinking, but I'm curious: does anyone really believe that there are "10's of thousands of users" on this site at any given time, even during shows?? To me, that just sounds absurd, there can't possibly be that many lurkers out there. Or am I wrong?? Again, to me it points to the dubious credibility of the site admins, and makes me wonder just how badly they might be ripping off the band. Are they telling the band they have that many users because it increases their fees?? Are they just trying to justify their inability to provide enough server capacity for even the small amount of traffic around here by overstating said traffic?? Do they have a volunteer Mod because their contract calls for a certain number of hours the Mod must be online, and they weren't willing to do that?? I can't help but wonder about all these issues when I get a response that appears to be as ridiculous as the one above.

But again, maybe I'm wrong, maybe there are that many users. What does anyone else think?

I think all yer thinkin' is giving me a head ache.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds