• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

Chat during shows...

#254401 12 months ago
It might be time to find a better place to chat during shows, till our home gets fixed. FF67 has been kind enough, the last time our board went haywire, to set up a Furthur Forum Family Group area for us to chat in Facebook. Its instant chat and works perfect for this purpose. There are other "groups" that already use this.

I know, some have "issues" with Facebook but you can create an account under made up names and stats. You just need a real email address.

What does everyone think?

I love our HOME here, this is just till we get fixed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

Re: Chat during shows...

#254411 12 months ago
Thanks Tim, I'm down for whatever everyone wants to do. Dont know my way around facebook but i'll figure it out.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#254412 12 months ago
I would do a Google hangout, or something, but I'm not a fan of Facebook
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#254416 12 months ago
Facebook? Never heard of it.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#254417 12 months ago
I suggested last night that perhaps we could use ustream to chat?? You don't need to be streaming to use the chat function. I believe you can sign in there with either a ustream or Facebook account. I know you can have a made-up name on Facebook, but it still links to your own IP address, and I'm just not ready to give up on my boycott yet, at least if there's another acceptable alternative. What would you think of using one of our ustream sites instead of Facebook to chat?? Even if there aren't pictures, at least it's reliable, real-time communication.

Tim is right, it's time to make a change! If most folks would prefer using Facebook, that's fine, please go for it! But I'm hoping ustream would be a route that might be more accessible. This is my ustream below, but Tim's or Em's or any of them will work, it doesn't matter which we use, but let's make a move tonight! Last night I was getting so frustrated I almost got distracted from the music, and that's not good. Plus I miss you guys during shows!

www.ustream.tv/channel/sunshinestreams

Add- Wow, I'm surprised I got in here to post this on the first try!
Last Edit: 12 months ago by SunshineSue.
jackm
Junior Boarder

#254422 12 months ago
Chat has Been Impossible Lately. Too Bad...... When it's Working Properly, It Rocks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

#254428 12 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
I suggested last night that perhaps we could use ustream to chat?? You don't need to be streaming to use the chat function. I believe you can sign in there with either a ustream or Facebook account. I know you can have a made-up name on Facebook, but it still links to your own IP address, and I'm just not ready to give up on my boycott yet, at least if there's another acceptable alternative. What would you think of using one of our ustream sites instead of Facebook to chat?? Even if there aren't pictures, at least it's reliable, real-time communication.

Tim is right, it's time to make a change! If most folks would prefer using Facebook, that's fine, please go for it! But I'm hoping ustream would be a route that might be more accessible. This is my ustream below, but Tim's or Em's or any of them will work, it doesn't matter which we use, but let's make a move tonight! Last night I was getting so frustrated I almost got distracted from the music, and that's not good. Plus I miss you guys during shows!

Ustream will work for me. Lets try it tonight. Maybe if we all agree we should post it in the setlist thread ( where people will be looking for us.

Ive sent an email to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it in hopes to get our home fixed soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#254429 12 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:

I just posted this in the show thread.
If chat here is not possible due to problems with the board, bookmark this address to use as an alternative tonight:

We will still be patient and try to chat in the set list thread, but if entry is not possible, there is an alternative.
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, RowTimmy
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#254438 12 months ago
I wander over to the Phil zone quite often. I've participated a few times, but I tend to go there to browse. The show discussion threads in the Other Stuff section tend to be similar to the ones here. Taperrob might post a few photos....Access is fast and easy.
It's another fine alternative to consider. I remember originally being sent here from the philzone.org site. I like the company here, but sometimes the board is not very pleasant to us.

www.philzone.org/index2.html
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
perry
Senior Boarder

#254444 12 months ago
That's where I'll be.....tough to even lurk on this board lately.
Time to create page: 4.30 seconds