• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

Re: TXR 1 year anniv and phils bday shows!

#244042 1 year, 5 months ago
wish i was there. enjoy the shows, fff!
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#244045 1 year, 5 months ago
Spending $7 and watching from the couch is not quite like being there, but...
No line at either the bathroom or fridge, no hassles with security, nice people on the couch, control over whether people talk or not, party favors of choice. BYOC (C=Cupcakes)
Come and join the couch party everyday!
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by nycdave. Reason: Spelling
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#244054 1 year, 5 months ago
completely Jerry night! Nice!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#244068 1 year, 5 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
completely Jerry night! Nice!

ya, i was kind of expecting more for pig
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#244071 1 year, 5 months ago
nycdave wrote:
As we all know, this show will not be as good as the East Coast celebration of Phil's Birthday at Best Buys Amphitheater in NYC in 2011.

I did not know that. (As we "all") I can agree that the mistreatment of Furthur fans from New York's finest "will not be as good as the East Coast celebration of Phil's Birthday at Best Buys Amphitheater in NYC in 2011." Phil's 70th Birthday in 2010 was a wild affair at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. Lots of the same folks go to these shows. It's not us and them or you and me. It's just us - we're all in this together - because we want to be here! We'll all be celebrating with Phil. This time you are just further away. Have fun! (And may the audience behave respectably, we don't want Bob to say STFU again.)
Thank You Jerry
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#244073 1 year, 5 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
nycdave wrote:
As we all know, this show will not be as good as the East Coast celebration of Phil's Birthday at Best Buys Amphitheater in NYC in 2011.

I did not know that. (As we "all") I can agree that the mistreatment of Furthur fans from New York's finest "will not be as good as the East Coast celebration of Phil's Birthday at Best Buys Amphitheater in NYC in 2011." Phil's 70th Birthday in 2010 was a wild affair at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. Lots of the same folks go to these shows. It's not us and them or you and me. It's just us - we're all in this together - because we want to be here! We'll all be celebrating with Phil. This time you are just further away. Have fun! (And may the audience behave respectably, we don't want Bob to say STFU again.)

that is where i first met nycdave. the best buy theater during the spring 2011 run. pretty sure i saw you down in the philzone everynight. i wouldn't know nycdave was the same guy until last summer or something when i met him "thru the forum". you were talking to the enchanting goddess the one night. after the supplication on saturday i finally worked up the courage to talk to her. you wouldn't even know who i am talking about now i don't think. LOL. i need to lay off the sauce.

phil's birthday was a good time, a really strange setlist if you ask me. i was beyond high. someone was handing out free L by the restroom once the news about owsley spread midway thru the run, and that didn't stop until the end of the run.
i got jumbled up and lost during the abbey road medley. finally found my footing during built to last. i don't think any phil bday celebration is complete without a built to last at this point.

archive.org/details/furthur2011-03-15.sb...ficial.113507.flac16
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#244076 1 year, 5 months ago
nycdave wrote:
No line at either the bathroom or fridge, no hassles with security, nice people on the couch, control over whether people talk or not, party favors of choice. BYOC (C=Cupcakes)

It's a good deal. Still, it was little intimidating looking at all 8 of them at $7 a pop. But I won't be able to resist getting the shows with Bob on Monday and next week. Definitely the next best thing to being there, even if it means going back on west coast time!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#244085 1 year, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
nycdave wrote:

It's a good deal. Still, it was little intimidating looking at all 8 of them at $7 a pop. But I won't be able to resist getting the shows with Bob on Monday and next week. Definitely the next best thing to being there, even if it means going back on west coast time!

I don't think mondays is available with Bob, just the 4 next weekend.... but I hope I'm wrong

but I'm in the same boat... passing on the first 3 but I'm in if Bob's gonna be there
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#244107 1 year, 5 months ago
Bill, I am just having fun with this east coast vs left coast routine. I agree 100%, shows are shows. Some are better then others. While location can factor into the discussion, it is not the be all and end all. We are all in this together.
As for the Best Buy NYC shows, there were 5 of them. I was up front all 5 nights. Small theater, big rush at the beginning then things settled down. The last night was Phil's birthday. Truth be told, there were better first sets during the 5 night run. The second set with the Beatle's Abbey Road medley was very special. John applauding Phil after he sang Mean Mr Mustard. The joy both onstage and in the audience that night, engendered such a warm feeling.
I feel fortunate to be able to watch the stream of this years birthday show. With quality sound and a video, this will indeed be a celebration. I am glad I was fortunate to attend a live birthday show in a small theater, up close and personal. Memories of that night will always be there. I am sure people will have a grand time this year. As for me chatting with a woman instead of listening to the music, uh as dishonorable a thing to do as that sounds, I wouldn't put it past me.
One other birthday show I saw live is worth mentioning. It was held in a large rundown Statium in Jersey City, NJ. The Band opened that show, then some other group from the left coast played. The date was 8/1/73. I'll put up the Eyes > Dew played that night against any I have ever seen or heard.
Anywho, looking forward to hanging on the couch with FFF family and friends this coming Friday. It sure sounds like fun!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, Jasper
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#244108 1 year, 5 months ago
no 3/11 stream, but the rest of the streams have Bobby.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
Time to create page: 0.83 seconds