• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: What are you listening to right now?

#222586 1 year, 9 months ago
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#222707 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#222926 1 year, 9 months ago
after enough Perry Como, Deano and Ella this is a nice distraction

AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#222933 1 year, 9 months ago
ttp://

probably my favorite song to hear today, and what a rendition
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#222970 1 year, 9 months ago
12/31/81

great show but damn what a buzz kill Joan Baez was, especially on the Baby Blue....

12/31/82 now...
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by MushroomMan.
borninthedesert
Junior Boarder

#223041 1 year, 9 months ago
[quote="ZenoMarx" post=222544]gd70-09-19.sbd.reynolds.97906.sbeok.flac16

09-19-70 Fillmore East, New York, N.Y. (Sat)
New Speedway, China Cat> I Know You Rider, Morning Dew, Me & My Uncle, Schoolgirl, Cold Rain, Easy Wind, Sugar Magnolia, Dark Star> St. Stephen> NFA> Darkness Jam> NFA> Lovelight

Probably my favorite recording from 1970 (man, that's even a difficult thing to type). This was a special night

Dark Star - top-5 Dark Star - from lunar to nasty to smooth to chaos to rigid. It's everything music can be, and if anyone can hear us in space, I hope they hear this.

NFA> Darkness Jam> NFA - I cannot begin to convey how beautiful and furious this is. I don't think I've ever listened to this and not got goosebumps. Jerry is...I don't know what he is, but he's indeed something else. From 6:03-6:13, maybe the finest ten seconds in their nearly 30 year existence (yeah, I'm saying it, and really, you can extend this extraordinary segment back to 5:41). At 6:13, they EXPLODE into China Cat with a power chord. Phil paints every wall and every angle...over and over again until it's all deep space black. More power chords at 7:14. So, for around four full minutes, from 3:30-7:30, we're treated to perfection and flawless chaos.

I cannot play this loud enough. No one can. It's cheesy, but it's the truth for me. When I think of music I want to play louder than a stereo can rightly play, this is it.

***love*** your passion Zeno!

started with the dark star at daybreak today
just sublime
sun salutations>dancing with abandon to the NFA
whatever the day brings, it's started off perfectly

goosebumps
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#223261 1 year, 9 months ago
Why dosn't joni mitchell perform anymore?

DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#223262 1 year, 9 months ago
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#223263 1 year, 9 months ago
DancingTurtle wrote:
Why dosn't joni mitchell perform anymore?

From wikipedia -

Mitchell is currently receiving treatment for the controversial condition called "Morgellons syndrome".[45] Mitchell spoke to the Los Angeles Times on April 22, 2010 about the disease, saying, "I have this weird, incurable disease that seems like it's from outer space, but my health's the best it's been in a while." She described Morgellons as a "slow, unpredictable killer" but said she is determined to fight the disease. "I have a tremendous will to live: I've been through another pandemic—I'm a polio survivor, so I know how conservative the medical body can be." According to Mitchell, Morgellons is often misdiagnosed as "delusion of parasites," and sufferers of the disease are offered psychiatric treatment. Mitchell said she plans to leave the music industry to work toward giving people diagnosed with Morgellons more credibility.[46] In the same interview, Mitchell made the statement that singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, with whom she had worked closely in the past, was a fake and plagiarist. The controversial remark was widely reported by other media.[47][48] Mitchell did not explain the contention further, but it may have related to the allegations of plagiarism surrounding some lyrics on Dylan's 2006 album Modern Times.[47]
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancingTurtle
Poles
Expert Boarder

#223298 1 year, 9 months ago
As David Crosby said Joni is "twice the musician Dylan is and as a poet they're in the same ballpark." I love Dylan but I'd take Joni any day.
Don't ya touch hard liquor
Just a cup of cold coffee
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#223850 1 year, 9 months ago
Gov't Mule last night @ The Tower in Philly.

Audio of the whole show on SugarMegs

tela.sugarmegs.org/latestadditions.aspx
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#224753 1 year, 9 months ago
12/30/12 Joan Osborne @ Terrapin

Time to create page: 0.62 seconds